Having traveled to 28 countries, I can assure you that Bali one of the 6000 islands of Indonesia - is one of the beautiful islands in the world. Indonesia has a hodgepodge of flavors. The diversity of regional cuisines formed by local Indonesian cultures and foreign influences, and Kambing Mekuah is a traditional Balinese lamb dish, part of their rich, flavorful, and exotic cuisine.
Shopping/to do list
- 8-12 oz. Lamb, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 Cup leek, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Soy bean sprouts
- 1 Small onion, sliced thin
- 1 Green hot pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Lemon grass, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom seeds, fresh ground
- 1/3 Cup coconut milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 T low-sodium soy sauce
Serve over rice or noodles of choice
- Cut all ingredients into described cuts.
- Add a little oil or cooking spray of your choice to the pan. Heat pan to 400F/high heat.
- Add lamb. Stir around for 2 minutes to brown on all sides.
- Add leek, bean sprouts, onion, hot pepper, lemon grass, garlic, and cardamom. Stir around for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, cayenne pepper and low-sodium soy sauce to taste.
- Stir around for an additional minute. Serve over rice or noodles of choice.