Bo Xao Ot is a traditional dish from Vietnam: marinated beef, stir-fried with bell peppers, served over a bed of cellophane noodles. We added a few more colors, but the traditional flavors are still as delicious as ever.
Knowing whats in your food, is the key to healthy weight loss and weight management.Make it yourself: No trans-fatty fats, no enriched flours, no hidden chemicals; just delicious flavors!That is what my stir-fry recipes will bring to you, and they are the modern healthy fast-food from my book Amazing 7 Minute Meals.
Shopping/to do list:
- 8-10 oz. Lean beef, bite size pieces
- 1/2 each Green bell pepper, orange bell pepper and yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 Tablespoon hot pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon shallots, minced
- 2 Tablespoon lemon grass, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon each ginger and garlic
- 1/3 Cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon star anise, ground
- 1 Tablespoon coriander
- 1 Cup rice noodles, soaked
- Cut ingredients into desired sizes. Mix marinade, pour over meat and let marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Add a little oil or cooking spray of your choice to the pan. Heat pan to 400F/high heat.
- Add meat. Stir around for 2 minutes to brown on all sides. Add bell pepper, shallot, and hot pepper. Stir around for 2 minutes.
- Add lemon grass. Stir around for an additional minute.
- Serve of rice noodles, soaked in hot water.