Fun games for senior citizens can improve your memory and help you to socialize with others both young and old. Games can be a stimulator for your mind and also allows muscle movement to your body. It is also a great way for you to turn a boring day into a day of fun and excitement. Remembering that everyone is different will help you be sure to find fun games that everyone will enjoy.
While finding fun games for senior citizens can be a bit challenging at first, once you do your research you will see that finding fun games for seniors is a piece of cake. Fun games, whether they are board games, sing-a-longs, or games that require you to move your muscles can be fun and stimulating. Games can also helps you to enjoy your golden years. Below are a few fun games for senior citizens to enjoy whether you are a retiree or in an assisted living program.
- Bingo – We all remember how much we loved Bingo growing up. Bingo is fun no matter what your age. With a few friends, Bingo can last for hours giving you and your friends a day of enjoyment. Make sure the cards are large enough to allow you the ability to pick them up, maneuver them and see them.
- Sing-A-Long – Have a sing-a-long and take turns adding something different to the ending of the song. This stimulates the mind and is fun for everyone. Using songs seniors are familiar with makes the sing-a-long a blast.
- Game Shows – Recreate television game shows that you enjoy watching on TV. This will be fun and it allows you to take turns acting out the role of the game show host. It also makes you use your thinking cap.
- Board Games – Seniors love fun games as Chess, Checkers, Dominoes and Bridge. These games can be enjoyed by seniors of all ages and adds to hours of fun.
- Solitaire – Solitaire is fun game for seniors that wants to enjoy playing games by themselves.
There are so many more games for seniors to enjoy. All it takes is a little time and planning. Make sure the games are not too long and allow you to get bored and also make sure the games are not intimidating.
Making game day a weekly or monthly event will give seniors something to look forward to. Inviting family members to join in on the fun of game day can be something to look forward to!