AARP will celebrate its Life@50+ National Event and Expo from September 20 to 22, 2012. The location is the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, LA.
- Martina Navratilova
- Dan Marino
- Cicely Tyson
- Ben Vereen
- Sexologist Pepper Schwartz, Ph.D.
- Former Grateful Dead percussionist, Mikey Hart
- LeVar Burton
- James Carville
- John Quiñones
+ Many Lifestyle Sessions and University Sessions.
The Life@ 50 Exposition will feature hundreds of vendors in technology, financial, homes & garden, travel & leisure, retail, and health & fitness.
Attendees will experience an incredible excitement in AARP music offering:
- Thursday, Sept. 20 - Hiroshima - Celebrated ensemble fusing jazz, pop and rock with traditional Japanese folk music.
- Saturday, Sept. 22 Special Concert showcasing Grammy Award Winners, Stevie Nicks, Gladys Knight and Melissa Etheridge.
AARP Movies for Grownups® offers a stellar line-up for this year's Life@50+ Movies for Grownups Film Festival. The festival runs Friday and Saturday, Sept. 21 and 22. Some of the amazing films to be screened, before they're out in theaters, include:
- The Oranges with Hugh Laurie, Catherine Keener and Allison Janney
- Arbitrage with Richard Gere and Susan Sarandon.
There will be plenty of time to discover New Orleans' renowned cuisine, including the po-boy, crawfish, jambalaya, blackened catfish, and more, and to tour the French Quarter, Faubourg Marigny, Garden District, Uptown, Algiers, swamplands and the Birthplace of Jazz.