A recent article from Huffington Post showed long lasting ways to ensure youth and a healthy life - exercise, eating right and avoiding harmful habits like smoking. All of these tips have been shown to help elderly women live five years longer and elderly men live six years longer, according to the British Medical Journal (BMJ) study.
In a follow-up, the BMJ found that women were more likely to lead healthy lifestyles, take part in leisure activities, be educated and have lots of friends.
Here are the exercises that health writers at Huffington Post deemed to be best for longevity and overall health.
1. Switch from taking the elevator to taking the stairs.
2. Bike to work
3. Swim. It's the best exercise for lowering mortality rate.
4. Brisk walking is a better exercise than slow walking.
5. Exercise or stretch 15 minutes a day
6. Vigorous exercise is more beneficial than light exercise
7. Exercise with other people to keep you motivated.