The 11th Mild Cognitive Impairment Symposium will be held at The Wien Center for Alzheimer’s Disease and Memory Disorders, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, Miami Florida, from January 19 to 20, 2013.
The 2nd Early Alzheimer's Diagnostic and Treatment Workshop and the 1st Early Alzheimer’s Public Educational Forum will be held during the Symposium.
The schedule is as follows:
- 11th Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) Symposium (Saturday, January 19)
- 2nd Early Alzheimer’s Diagnostic and Treatment Workshop (Sunday morning, January 20)
- 1st Mount Sinai of Florida's Early Alzheimer's Public Educational Forum (Sunday afternoon, January 20)
The symposium's theme will be centered on the progression rates from normal to mild cognitive impairment and then to dementia.
1. David A. Bennett, MD is the Robert C. Borwell Professor of Neurological Sciences and director of the Rush Alzheimer's Disease Center.
2. Tammie Benzinger, MD, PhD focuses her research on translating advanced neuromagnetic resonance imaging techniques from small animal research in the Department of Radiology, to translational research in the Center for Clinical Imaging Research (CCIR), and into clinical practice.
3. Maria Carrillo, PhD, the Vice President, Medical and Scientific Affairs, at the Alzheimer's Association.
Many more clinical experts from across the USA will present at the conference.
There will be an ongoing poster session reviewed by the Program Committee.
As in 2012, this event will be held back to back with the 7th Human Amyloid Imaging (HAI) Conference, presented at the same venue between January 16-18, 2013.